We are currently recruiting on behalf of a small animal group based in London who are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team in Hampstead on a full time, permanent basis working nights (7 nights on, 7 nights off).
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients practices the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital.
You will work clinically in all aspects of nursing to ensure the care of your assigned patients. This will be in consults, procedures and on the hospital wards. You will use your initiative to promote new ideas whilst also supporting the training and development of students in your capacity as a Clinical Coach as well as sharing best practice with the wider team. You will share our vision and deliver outstanding service and care to patients and clients, as well as non-group practices that utilise our out-of-hours service.
Responsible to the Head Nurse, your role is to assist in ensuring the smooth running of the practice whilst maintaining the high standards of patient and client care.
Shift: 45.5 hours per week. 7 nights on 7 nights off
Your main responsibilities:
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a hospital
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a hospital
- Clinical coaching and/or training experience
- Exposure to Emergency and Critical Care cases
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.