We are looking for a surgeon with either a certificate or extensive soft tissue exposure. Orthopaedic surgical experience would also be beneficial.
The role will be to offer surgery and diagnostic support to the hospital and first opinion cases in the Hertfordshire group. The role will be surgery focused, but also include offering first opinion consultations and second opinion support for surgical cases.
We would also consider part time applicants.
Our client has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead. They have nearly 350 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24 hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your main responsibilities
- Providing surgical support to the practice and second opinion consultations for internal referral cases
- Working as part of a team and understanding that the surgery support is an extension of the wider 24-hour care offered at the practice
- Developing the surgical caseload both soft tissue and orthopaedic. Developing the minimally invasive caseload including arthroscopy and laparoscopy
- Offering an exceptional level of care to the clients and their animals, and delivering on our vision and aims to be a provider of exceptional veterinary care
Essential Experience Required
- Soft tissue Surgery
- Second opinion consultations for internal referrals
- Ability to lead when the most senior person on shift or in the room
- Experience in an emergency 24-hour hospital
- AVP/Surgical certificate or working towards this qualification
- Good diagnostic skills
Desirable Experience Required
- Orthopaedic surgical experience
- Previous experience in a 24-hour Emergency Critical Care Centre
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
- Having worked in a sole charge role
- Laparoscopic and arthroscopic experience
- Possible clinical director experience in a veterinary practice
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team
- Understanding of profitability and revenue generation in a veterinary business
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.