We are working with a fantastic independent practice close to Louth in Lincolnshire who are looking to recruit a Mixed Veterinary Surgeon to join their team on a permanent full-time basis, 90% equine 10% large animal.
The practice is situated at not far from the beautiful seaside coast and Mablethorpe. The practice has a strong supportive team ethos and focus on building close bonds with their clients and are regularly involved with the local community. They are proud to deliver a high standard of care to their patients.
The practice facilities include:
- Portable digital X-ray and ultrasound - For lameness investigations and breeding examinations.
- Endoscopy - For respiratory tract examination.
- Dentistry – New equipment and the advantage of the use of sedation allows us to give a thorough investigation and treatment, including wolf teeth removal.
- Lameness Investigations – Most investigations can take place on your yard. This may include trot ups, flexion tests, nerve blocks, x rays and ultrasound examination.
- Medical Investigations – such as weight loss, respiratory disease, skin disorders, eye pathologies and loss of performance. We send our bloods samples to the Laboratory in Newmarket meaning specialist advice is available when needed.
- Castrations – Please see our fact sheets for more information.
- Breeding – Pre-breeding examinations & tests, pregnancy diagnosis, problem mares, artificial insemination, foaling and foal care.
- Routine - ID and Microchips, Passports, Vaccinations, Worming, General Health Checks.
- EMERGENCIES – all emergencies covered by our vets, 24 hours/7 days week/365 days per year.
- Pre- purchase examinations – We offer 5 and 2 stage vettings.
This a permanent, full time role mixed veterinary surgeon position, working 4 days per week from 8:30am to 6pm, and will include a weekend rota of 1:2.
The practice aims to offer an appealing package, including a rota allowing a good work-life balance, clinical freedom, encouraged CPD allowance, enrolment on a paid health scheme, pension scheme, full payment of RCVS, VD and one other memberships, 5 weeks holiday and a competitive salary.
The practice is looking to receive applications from an experienced with a min of 2 years post grad experience. The ideal candidate will share the practice ethos of being friendly, community focused, driven, progressive, and dedicated to providing the highest standards of care and service.
Role: Permanent Mixed Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Mixed animal - Equine 90% Large 10%
Out of hours: Yes
Salary and benefits: Dependent on experience + excellent benefits
Ref: JN -102018-7116
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next: Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful.
To discuss the role in more details:
Please call or email our team to discuss the specific details for this role such as practice details, exact location, salaries or any other queries you may have. Please also quote reference (above) when enquiring about this vacancy.
To have a no obligation confidential discussion or to enquire about other positions in this area please contact us today on 01423 701 321, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.
You can also find us on Facebook or Linkedin.