We are currently recruiting on behalf of a small animal group based in London who are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team in St Johns Wood and Primrose Hill on either a full time or part time, permanent basis.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients practices the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital.
To work at two beautiful practices in St John's Wood and Primrose Hill to uphold excellent clinical standards and deliver exceptional client care. You will lead more junior members of the team and work closely with the Head Vet to optimise the practices' performance in providing caring and empathetic gold standard service to an established client base. The practices are very friendly and see a very varied caseload. You will be responsible for working to improve the running of the practice where possible for the benefit of clients, staff and the business. This is a unique opportunity to put some of your own ideas into a practice and to work in wonderful areas of London!
We would consider full time or part time applications.
Your main responsibilities:
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a hospital
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a hospital
- Clinical coaching and/or training experience
- Exposure to Emergency and Critical Care cases
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.