We are working with a busy, energetic practice in West London that is looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent full-time basis. They are looking for an experienced Vet that will develop the client relationships and excellent community feel of the practice.
Our client has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead. They have nearly 350 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
This is a full-time permanent position for a small animal veterinary surgeon. You will be working 45 hours per week on a rolling 2-week rota, Monday-Friday 08:15-18:30 and 1 in 2 Saturdays 08:00-13:30 only with time given off in lieu.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- Be a clinical coach to our student nurses, with the support of the wider team
- Help the Head Nurse and Area Manager to maintain excellent standards and generate income
- Develop and uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop excellent community and client relationships
In return, our client is offering a Highly competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
This role is sole charge, running this lovely local clinic. You will receive wider support from the wider team, Clinical Director and OSM. This is a great chance to develop leadership skills in a supportive environment. The clinic is well-established with a bonded client base and a fantastic support team. The practice is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who is commercially minded and an advocate for preventative health care. You will be working alongside the Operational Support Manager to increase revenue whilst upholding excellent clinical standards. The team are hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team does.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small animal
Hours: Full-time, 45 hours a week
Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturday mornings only
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -122018-8097
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.