You will be working in a beautiful, quaint practice in Ladbrock Grove, London.
Being the primary Vet on site, you’ll need to take charge of the practice and the team to help the continued success of it.
The team are hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do. You’ll really get to know your clientele in this practice as it is a locals practice.
Shift: This role is part time 2 days per week.
Our client has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead. They have nearly 350 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24 hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your main responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanases where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level and measured by KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the Head Vet’s objective of ensuring the hospital runs effectively and efficiently
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet teams and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
Essential Experience Required
- Small animal medical and routine surgical experience
- Experience with face to face consultations
- Ability to lead when the most senior person on shift or in the room
- Worked as a Vet in a busy hospital or practice
Desirable Experience Required
- Previous experience in a 24-hour Emergency Critical Care Centre
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
- Having worked in a sole charge role
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.