Are you an enthusiastic experienced Veterinary Surgeon looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like the challenge of helping a practice obtain hospital status and become RCVS Accredited?
Our client has large, modern, purpose-built veterinary clinic and they are looking for a experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. They are looking for an enthusiastic small animal vet with at least three years of qualified experience, who is passionate about the provision of high quality service to patients and clients.
This practice has all the latest equipment, with a digital x-ray, ultrasound, in-house laboratory and much more. Their facilities are well-suited to vets with advanced surgical interest and they have a varied and interesting caseload. Plus, they support certificates, managerial and leadership development. All of their Head Vets have a wider role as part of the group’s leadership team where input in activities and company direction is encouraged.
They truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within the practice opening hours. You will also be part of the weekend rota too, working 1 in every 4 weekends. You will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked. Please note, opening hours will change once they start providing overnight care and then again once they obtain hospital status (mixture of days and nights).
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Salary up to £54,000 p/a (depending on experience; 3+ years experience)
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- 5% Pension Contribution, Cyclescheme & Childcare Vouchers
- £1,500 CPD allowance per annum / 5 days off
- VDS Fees covered
- RCVS membership
- Well structured rota
- Good work life balance and a great place to work.
- Free lunch every Friday
The successful candidate will:
- An enthusiastic small animal vet with at least three years of qualified experience, who is passionate about the provision of high quality service to patients and clients.
- You will be a key participant in the running of our clients' dynamic and forward thinking clinic, supporting the Head Vet and the rest of the veterinary team.
- You will be keen to continually improve your professional knowledge and experience and are an excellent communicator, understanding that educating pet owners about their pets’ welfare is just as important as providing high quality treatment.
- Type: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
- Hours: Full-time
- Weekend: On a rota basis
- Salary: Competitive - Up to £54,000 p/a (DOE)
Ref: JN -072018-4595
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.