We are currently looking for a part time veterinary surgeon for a independent practice situated in Livingston, Scotland. The practice is looking for a registered veterinary surgeon with at least two years experience to join their busy team .
The practice is extremely proud of their reputation as providers of independent, ethical care and and have won the best Scottish vet of the year award 2017.
- General duties will involve diagnosing illnesses in a variety of different animals
- prescribing the appropriate treatment or operating on the animal if necessary
- dealing with uncooperative animals and owners
- carrying out health checks and providing vaccinations
- facing a number of ethical considerations, such as deciding whether to put an animal to sleep
- knowing the laws surrounding animals and their welfare
- giving advice to owners regarding their animals, eg dietary recommendations
- taking x-rays and blood tests
- working on-call for emergency cases
The ideal candidate will have two years experience , however they will take a vet with one years experience , salary is negotiable depending on experience . The hours are 23 hours week but flexible on days and times with a 1:2 Saturday.
Role: Veterinary Surgeon
Hours: 23 hours per week
Out of hours : No
Sole Charge: No
Salary and benefits: £35,000 - £45,000 (full-time equivalent) depending on experience
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next: Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch if you have been successful.
To discuss the role in more details:
Please call or email our team to discuss the specific details for this role such as practice details, exact location, salaries or any other queries you may have. Please also quote reference (above) when enquiring about this vacancy.
To have a no obligation confidential discussion or to enquire about other positions in this area please contact us today on 01423 701 321, alternatively email email@example.com
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.