We are working with a Veterinary Hospital located in the outer Sydney suburb, Campbelltown, New South Wales. The clinic is located an hour's drive from the beautiful beaches of Wollongong and only a 45-minute drive into the heart of Sydney CBD. This offers plenty of places to explore and travel to on days off.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to Lead their passionate and dedicated team in providing the highest quality of care possible.
This Veterinary Hospital is a unique clinic as it offers a great opportunity for a vet to work both in a GP environment as well as an Emergency environment. Alongside the Veterinary hospital, they run a 24hr emergency centre which provides after-hours and emergency care to 30+ referring clinics. Part of the lead vet’s role will be to support and guide the vets in both the GP and the Emergency clinic.
All the staff are passionate and dedicated to offering the highest quality of care possible. They think of their clients like family and treat each other as such. The nursing staff is well trained in both GP and emergency.
Their facilities include advanced diagnostic equipment such as REM Vetscan VS2, HM5, iStat, Vue, digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound, doppler blood pressure, and pulse oximetry. They also have the most up to date monitoring equipment including ECTO2, ECC and blood pressure to help support snake bites, GDV’s and to assist with the ventilation of patients.
This is a permanent position with the hours being negotiable. The practice opening hours are Monday-Friday 08:00-20:00 and Saturday 09:00-17:00.
The practice is a 24-hour service provider that has an Emergency Team that manages the out of hour requirements of the hospital.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- $100,000-$130,000 (pro-rata for PT), dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience
- Sign-On Bonus of $5,000
- Access to practical training programs through purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave for annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of the clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
Our client is looking for a vet that is passionate about being a vet and that wants to pass on their knowledge to build a great vet team. The hospital has a great opportunity to grow both clinics, so they're looking for a vet who is ready to move into more of a leadership role and help support and mentor other vets within the clinic.
As a minimum you will have the following:
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience with leadership capabilities
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard-working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
Role: Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: Rota to be confirmed
Out of hours: None
Sole charge: Some
Salary: $100,000-$130,000 (pro-rata for PT) DOE
Ref: JN -102019-12866
To qualify for this position, you must be a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.