We are currently recruiting on behalf of a small animal veterinary group based in Cambridgeshire who is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team in Whittlesford (which is close to Cambridge) on a full time, permanent basis. Our client is looking for a self-motivated RVN that will maintain the gold standard of care in this lovely practice.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients' practices, the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital. Within the group, they can offer Cardiology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Oncology & Surgery.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse that has an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of hospital practice. Previous hospital experience is not essential as ongoing support will be given.
You will be working 42 hours per week, working 4 weekdays in Whittlesford and 1 covering at a sister site. The weekend rota is 1 in 10 Saturdays or Sundays.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards, and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
You will be a self-motivated RVN that has a true passion for the nursing role and has excellent communication with both clients and colleagues.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 28 days holiday, including an entitlement for bank holidays. Nurses work 1 bank holiday a year
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme on own pet treatments
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
- Scope to take on extra shifts for extra pay should you wish to
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-time, 42 hours per week
Weekends: 1 in 10 Saturday or Sundays
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -122018-8082
To qualify for this position you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.