We are working with a well-established veterinary practice in Palmerston North, New Zealand that is looking for a superstar Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. They are looking for a vet with the energy and drive to make a real difference who has the commitment and passion to lead the team in high standards of care.
Our client has a busy practice where there is always something happening, in 2018 they had 44 veterinary and veterinary nursing students spend a week or two in their clinic.
They have a team of five Vets, ten Nurses, one support staff member, and two cattery attendants who pride themselves on delivering high standards of care and exceptional customer service. Their clinic cat, Blackie, keeps the dogs in line and is very good at fooling team members into believing she hasn’t been fed.
The practice will always put pets' health and wellbeing first and are very fortunate to work alongside a bunch of the most dedicated vets, vet nurses and customer care people in the country. The expertise and the latest equipment and high level of staff training that is available ensures that this is the only place they want to work. They are proud of their pain-free policy that ensures that all pets go home post-operatively with long-acting pain relief.
Our client believes that if they put their people first the result will follow. To achieve this they have a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as their General Manager, who keeps the clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. They have Veterinary Training Centres to support industry firsts where they offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.
This is a full-time permanent position and the practice opening hours are -
- Monday-Wednesday 08:00-18:00
- Thursday 08:00-19:00
- Friday 08:00-18:00
- Saturday 09:00-17:00
- Sunday 10:00-15:00
This new opportunity exists for a superstar Lead Veterinarian, who wants to continue their veterinary leadership in a busy and stimulating environment. They are looking for someone with the energy and drive to make a real difference, with a commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care, along with a great team spirit.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- $95,000 -$105,000 p/a dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience
- Access to practical training programs through our clients purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand including a Veterinary Advisory Committee that champions high Standards of Care throughout their clinics
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of their National Veterinary Care clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon that will have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience with leadership capabilities
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard-working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
Role: Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: Rota to be confirmed
Out of hours: None
Sole charge: Some
Salary: $95,000 -$105,000 p/a (DOE)
Ref: JN -102019-12961
To qualify for this position, you must be a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an e