We are working with a small animal clinic in Manurewa, Auckland that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a part-time permanent basis. They are looking for a vet with at least 2 years' practical experience to join their dedicated team.
This practice a major suburb in south Auckland, New Zealand. Auckland is based between two large harbours in Northern Island. They are a small animal veterinary practice providing veterinary service at the highest level, with an established core of committed clients. Their clinic has been part of the community for over 40 years and they cater to all of South Auckland including the suburbs of Manurewa, Manukau, Takanini, Papakura, Drury, Waiuku and Pukekohe.
The practice will always put pets' health and wellbeing first and are very fortunate to work alongside a bunch of the most dedicated vets, vet nurses and customer care people in the country. The expertise and the latest equipment and high level of staff training that is available ensures that this is the only place they want to work. They are proud of their pain-free policy that ensures that all pets go home post-operatively with long-acting pain relief.
The clinic is equipped with diagnostic ultrasound, in house laboratory and digital x-rays. In this role, you will be provided with an opportunity to advance your skills and knowledge through industry-leading educational opportunities.
Our client believes that if they put their people first the result will follow. To achieve this they have a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as their General Manager, who keeps the clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. They have Veterinary Training Centres to support industry firsts where they offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Veterinarian to join our clients dedicated team in a busy, energetic, environment with a varied caseload and commitment clients. This is a part-time role, offering approximately 27 hours per week worked over three weekdays, plus 1 in 3 Saturdays. The practice opening hours are Monday-Friday 08:00-18:00 and Saturday 08:30-13:00.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- $60,000 -$85,000 FTE p/a - dependant on the suitable applicant’s skills and experience
- Access to practical training programs through our clients purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our clients' clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependents, if applicable.
- Relocation allowance, if applicable.
Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon that will have:
- BVSc or equivalent, and registration to practice in New Zealand
- An experienced and confident Veterinarian with at least 2 years’ practical experience
- A commitment to providing exceptional patient care
- Ability to oversee the caseload and work autonomously
- Exceptional communication and client relationship building skills.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Part-time, approx. 27 hours per week
Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays
Out of hours: None
Sole charge: Some
Salary: $60,000 -$85,000 pro-rata for part-time (DOE)
Ref: JN -102019-12964
To qualify for this position, you must be a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an e