We are working with a client with a practice based in Banbury, Oxfordshire that is looking to recruit a small animal Registered Veterinary Nurse on a full-time or part-time permanent basis.
This is a busy growing practice. The spacious, three consulting room surgery is equipped to a high standard with a full in-house laboratory, digital CR radiography, ultra-sound, well equipped surgical theatre with diathermy, capnography, multi-parameter monitor and piped anaesthetic gases in all areas of the surgery. With a very varied caseload in lots of species from dogs and cats to reptiles and raptors, from routine health consults and complex medical cases to orthopaedic surgery. Over 30% of the active client base are insured and a majority are on a health plan.. The team currently consists of 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 3 student nurses, 1 veterinary care assistant, 3 client care advisors, and a practice manager.
This is a permanent position for a Registered Veterinary Nurse, working full or part-time hours, 30 to 40 hours per week and including a 1 in 4 weekend rota. No out of hours required for this role.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownerships or tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, dependent on experience, that includes:
- A competitive salary of circa £20,000 to £25,000 (DOE)
- Company pension
- Dedicated CPD allowance
- Paid memberships (BVNA, RCVS, VDS)
- Exclusive high street, online and company discounts
The successful applicant will be welcomed as part of a friendly and dynamic team. You will have excellent communication skills, both with colleagues and clients alike. Relish being part of a very friendly, relaxed and progressive team that prides itself on being open to new ways of working, and be confident with all general nursing duties.
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Out of hours: None
Sole charge: Some
Salary: Competitive salary of circa £20,000 to £25,000 p/a DOE (FTE)
Ref: JN -102019-13121
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.