We are working with a well respected and established small animal veterinary practice in Chiswick, West London that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This role would suit an RVN that is passionate about their role and providing the best care to their patients throughout their time with the practice.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients' practices, the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital. Within the group, they can offer Cardiology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Oncology & Surgery.
This is a full-time permanent position working 42 hours per week on a rolling shift rota of -
Early shift 08:00-16:00
Late shifts 10:00-19:00
The weekend rota is 1 in 3 working Saturday 08:00-13:30 and Sunday 10:00-16:00, with days off given in lieu. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- Support the Head nurse to train students and other team members
- Help the Head Nurse, Head Vet, and Head Receptionist to maintain excellent standards and generate income
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary (DOE) and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
You will be working as part with a team of 2 other Registered Nurses and 2 Students. They have an excellent reception/support team who keep the front of house running smoothly to allow the clinical team to look after the patients. Our client actively encourages their nursing team to do as much clinically as they can do, to run their own appointments/clinics and to help the practice develop and manage the clinic. You must be commercially minded and an advocate for preventative health care.
Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animals
Hours: Full-time, 42 hours per week
Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays and Sundays
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -062019-11404
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.