We are working with a busy, bespoke small animal veterinary practice in Shepherds Bush, West London that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This lovely practice aims to provide excellent clinical standards and customer care, their lovely clients have high expectations and the practice is looking for an RVN that will not only meet them but exceed them.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients' practices, the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital. Within the group, they can offer Cardiology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Oncology & Surgery. They have excellent reception/support team who keep the front of house running smoothly to allow the clinical team to look after the patients. They actively encourage the nursing team to do as much clinically as they can do, to run their own appointments/clinics and to help develop and manage the clinic
This is a full-time permanent position working 42 hours per week, with a shift pattern/rota that has early shifts of 08:00-16:00 and late shifts of 10:00-19:30. The weekend rota is 1 in 2 Saturdays 08:00-13:30 only, with time given off in lieu.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- As the main operating Nurse, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the theatre. You will see lots of ops, patient care and nurse clinics to keep you busy!
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients.
- Support the Head nurse to train students and other team members
- Help the Head Nurse, Head Vet, and Head Receptionist to maintain excellent standards and generate income
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary (DOE) and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
Our client is looking for an experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a clinic. You will have outstanding patient and client care skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask in a busy environment are a must. You will be open and approachable with the ability to work well in a team. As the part of the nursing team you must be commercially minded and an advocate for preventative health care
Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animals
Hours: Full-time, 42 hours per week
Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturday mornings only
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -062019-11415
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.