We are working with a lovely small animal practice near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire that is looking to recruit an experienced Head Veterinary Surgeon to join them a full-time permanent basis. As the new Head Vet, you will implement best working practices across the practice and will offer case continuity from the consultation room, to case workup, through to surgery.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. Due to the various sizes of our clients' practices, the pace of work ranges from quieter practice through to a busy hospital. Within the group, they can offer Cardiology, Dermatology, Diagnostic Imaging, Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Oncology & Surgery.
This a full-time position, where you will work 45 hours per week, Monday-Friday with a weekend rota of 1:3 Saturdays. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for surgical and medical cases
- Manage the sales performance, budget and overall profitability of the business on a day to day basis
- Managing client care/implementing initiatives/ collating CPD
- Manage the practice policies and procedures
- Assist and encourage other staff and train as indicated
- Liaise with Operation managers
- You will receive support from a clinical director and operations support manager to achieve the above objectives
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
The ideal candidate will have experience in a small animal practice working at a senior level. You will have a high level of general competency in all fields of surgery and medicine. Excellent interpersonal skills and client manner, mentoring and leadership. The experience in use of KPI/EBITDA/budgets would be beneficial.
By joining our client in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to providing world-class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share their passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please get in touch with us.
Type: Permanent Head Veterinary Surgeon
Hours: Full-time, 45 hours per week
Weekends: On a rota basis, as above
Experience Required: Must have strong medical and surgical experience with the ability to lead a team
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -062019-11442
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.