We have a fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Head Veterinary Nurse on a full-time basis to start at a friendly practice, in Waltham Forest, North East London. Our client is seeking an RVN with 3+ years of experience, support and training would be provided if this is your first step into a senior role, however, previous management / senior nurse experience would be well regarded.
The practice is a high-quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating a mixture of walk-in/appointments. They offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures. They have a superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with operating theatres, multiple consulting rooms, digital x-ray, and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as they are a growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities emerging.
This is a permanent full-time, working 40 hours per week, with shifts within the practice opening hours, You will also be part of the weekend rota which is 1 in every 4 weekends. The weekday shifts are a mix of 08:00-17:00 or 11:30-18:30, weekends 08:00-17:00, with lieu day back for weekends worked.
Your duties will include:
- Being a key participant in the running of this dynamic and forward-thinking clinic
- Always striving to be the best they can be, so want someone who is adaptable, driven and enthusiastic about contributing to the growth of the clinic.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Centre and Clinical Directors and the Nurse team to ensure that clinical standards are maintained, staff are supported and that the day to day running of the practice runs as smoothly as possible.
- There will be some office hours for assisting with administrative tasks and nonclinical elements of running the hospital.
- The nurses are key clinical team members and are empowered to do as much as is within their scope of skills. CPD and skill-sharing are actively encouraged.
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Competitive salary £30,000-£32,000 p/a (dependant on experience)
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- RCVS registration fees
- CPD support up to £300 pa & up to 3 days training
- Further diplomas encouraged
- 5% pension contribution (after probation period)
- Cycle Scheme
- Free lunch on Friday
- Well structured rota
Ideally, our clients are seeking someone with 3+ years of experience as an RVN. Support and training will be provided if this is a step into a senior role for the first time, however previous management / senior nurse experience will be well regarded. An enthusiastic veterinary nurse who is passionate about the provision of high-quality service to patients and clients, and is able to lead by example and oversee that standards are being met. You must be capable of performing surgical, radiographic, dental, laboratory, pharmacy, anaesthetic procedures, as well as have exceptional customer service and consultation nursing skills.
Role: Permanent Head Nurse
Type: Small animal
Hours: Full time - 40 hour week
Weekends: 1 in 4
Out of hours: No
Sole charge: No
Salary: Excellent Salary £30,000-£32,000 p/a and Benefits (DOE)
Ref: JN -072019-11721
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.