We are working with a lovely well-established small animal practice based in the Royston area of Cambridgeshire that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. This role is full-time and would suit a vet with a minimum of 2 years of practice experience that is also comfortable in a sole charge position.
Situated next to the station close to the town centre, the practice provides first-class veterinary care to the pets of the town and surrounding villages. The friendly team has established a loyal client following in the heart of the community. With full diagnostic and surgical facilities on-site, they can provide all levels of care from vaccinations and health advice to more different problems.
Our client as 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine.
Your standard working hours will be 45 hours per week, working shifts within the practice opening hours. You will also be part of the weekend rota too, working 1 in 3 Saturday mornings 09:00-13:00.
Your main responsibilities will include-
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Working to a high level of clinical care within a team, as our client prides themselves on working to a very high standard of care and supports the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE - They strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK - Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential
- PRACTICE - As a team member, you will be responsible for the day to day veterinary work and contribute towards the performance of the practices.
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering an excellent that includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January, 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid and VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
You will be an experienced and confident small animal vet, with at least 2-years post-graduate experience in medical and surgery. You will have an awareness of the operations aspects of the practice that affects profitability. You will be capable and happy working in a sole charge situation.
The ideal candidate will work well with all staff as well as being client and patient-focused.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
Salary: Excellent Salary and Benefits Package
Ref: JN -072019-11816
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.