We are working with a beautiful feline-friendly small animal practice in the Kensal Green area of North West London that is looking to recruit a full-time Lead Veterinary Surgeon on a permanent basis. Our client is looking for hard-working dedicated Vet that has a great passion for animal care that will complement the team already in the practice.
Our client provides veterinary services to the areas of North West London, they are progressive, forward-thinking, a premium veterinary group that has small and medium-sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals, and a referral centre. They believe in supporting and investing in their staff, investing in their facilities and ensuring that their clients and pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. The team are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and they offer career progression within the group.
This is a full-time position working 45 hours per week, on a rolling two-week rota that will include 1 in 2 Saturdays 08:00-16:00.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Patient/Clinical Care - To deliver a high level of clinical care across all areas of the practice
- Client Care - To deliver client satisfaction to an exceptional level by making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to all clients
- Business Development - Making sure that all your work fully supports the effectiveness and efficiency of the practice.
- Teamwork - To contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure the harmonious team ethos at all times.
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu).
- As of 1st January, 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid & VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
You will be an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon in both medical and routine surgery. Our client is looking for a vet with sole charge experience and who is comfortable with face to face consultations. You will have the ability to lead when you are the most senior person, with previous experience of a busy hospital or practice would be of great benefit.
As a Lead Veterinary Surgeon, you will have excellent communication skills with the team and with clients. You will be self-aware with a positive attitude and ability to work and lead the team.
Role: Permanent Head Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full Time, 45 hours per week
Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturdays
Sole charge: Yes
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -072019-11817
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.