We are working with a family run independent small animal veterinary clinic located in South of Bishop Auckland, County Durham that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. They are looking for an RVN that is happy to be a Clinical Coach to a Student Veterinary Nurse.
Our client prides themselves on the fact that all of their clinical staff are fully qualified through the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, and hold a wealth of experience within the Veterinary field. At this Veterinary Clinic, they provide a personal service, and their patients will receive individualised care. They off their clients a full complement of preventative healthcare to keep their patients in the best of health.
In the unfortunate event of patients becoming ill they have a fully equipped clinic to deal with almost all medical situations and their facilities include:
- In house blood machines
- In house urine analysis
- Digital X-ray
- Fully equipped surgical theatre
This is a permanent full-time role, where you will be working 4 days a week 08:30-18:00. You will also be part of the weekend rota with will be Saturday mornings 09:30-12:00 which will be instated when client demand grows. This is a key role of the practice and you will be working alongside the Clinical Director, Managing Director, Vets, Nurses and Receptionists to ensure the smooth running of the Veterinary Clinic.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the Clinical Coach for the Student Nurse
- Supporting the clinic team with taking care of the wellbeing of pets by maintaining a clean and hygienic environment at all times, food preparation and laundry
- Animal Handling
- Stock monitoring and replenishment
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Assisting reception staff with dispensing medications, answering client queries and other customer service requirements
- Providing clinical support to the Vets and other nurses
- Nurse consulting
- Theatre duties, for example, helping the Vet induce anaesthesia, prepping patients for surgery, monitoring anaesthesia, etc.
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Competitive Salary, £9-£12 per hour (DOE)
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Workplace pension
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays. For every year of service, you will receive an additional days holiday will be added to your entitlement up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- No OOH, late shifts or weekends (other than a share of Saturday mornings once these are instated when client demand grows, 9.30am-12pm)
- Staff discounts
You will be an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse that has skills in all areas of the nursing role. The position requires you to be the Clinical Coach for an SVN, so it is important that you are happy in this role. Our client is looking for an RVN that works well as part of a team and has excellent communication skills.
Great client and patient care skills are a must in this role.
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-time, 4 days a week
Weekends: A share of the Saturdays when instated
Out of hours: None
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -082019-12201
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.