We are working with a busy Veterinary Hospital in Cambridge that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly team on a full-time permanent basis. Previous hospital experience is not essential as ongoing support will be given.
Our client is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals, and a referral centre. They are based in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridge. They believe in supporting and investing in their staff, investing in their facilities and ensuring that clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. All of their staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and they offer career progression within the group. They have a strong recognisable brand and are looking for people who share their vision and culture. They have over 300 staff members across 32 sites and are very proud of their achievements and reputation in the veterinary profession.
This is a full-time permanent position working 42 hours per week, with weekends on a rota basis. Weekends will be paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu can be given.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards, and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary (DOE) and benefits that include:
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January, 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
Our client is looking for an experienced and registered veterinary nurse that has outstanding patient and client care skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask in a busy environment are a must. You will be open and approachable with the ability to work well in a team. As the part of the nursing team you must be commercially minded and an advocate for preventative health care
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animals
Hours: Full-time, 42 hours per week
Weekends: On a rota basis
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -092019-12508
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.