We are working with a well-established small animal veterinary practice in Whitlesford, Cambridgeshire that is looking for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. This is a split role working between two sites about an hour apart. The role will be to offer surgery support to the hospitals and first opinion cases, so surgical experienced is essential.
Our client is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium-sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals, and a referral centre. They are based in London, Hertfordshire, and Cambridge. They believe in supporting and investing in their staff, investing in their facilities and ensuring that clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. All of their staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and they offer career progression within the group. They have a strong recognisable brand and are looking for people who share their vision and culture. They have over 300 staff members across 32 sites and are very proud of their achievements and reputation in the veterinary profession.
This is a full-time permanent position working 45 hours per week, 4 days a week: Monday and Wednesday at one site, Tuesday and Friday at Whittlesford. You will receive every Thursday off, and the rota will also includes 1 in 12 full weekends.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Providing surgical support to the hospitals and second opinion consultations for internal referral cases
- Working as part of a team and understanding that the surgery support is an extension of the wider 24-hour care offered at the practice
- Developing the surgical caseload both soft tissue and orthopaedic.
- Developing the minimally invasive caseload including arthroscopy and laparoscopy
- Offering an exceptional level of care to the clients and their animals, and delivering on our vision and aims to be a provider of exceptional veterinary care
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive salary (DOE) and benefits that include:
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu).
- As of 1st January, 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Practice Bonus scheme
The role will be to offer surgery support to the hospitals and first opinion cases. It will be surgery focused, but also include offering first opinion consultations and second opinion support for surgical cases. As such Surgical experience is essential for this role.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animals
Hours: Full-time, 45 hours per week (can be slightly less)
Weekends: 1 in 12 full weekends
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -092019-12510
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.