We are working on behalf of a long-established small animal practice based in Colchester, Essex that is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis.
The practice is a large and well-equipped practice with ten experienced vets and can deal with all types of pets. They aim to be the friendliest and most caring vets in Colchester. The purpose-built practice has a newly refurbished reception area. Five dedicated consulting rooms, separate kennel rooms for dogs, cats and exotic animals and an isolation area for sick or infectious animals. They are able to offer veterinary medical care to a high standard and the facilities include the following:
- Full Xray and ultrasound facilities
- ECG machine for detailed heart rhythm analysis
- Dental equipment for cleaning, polishing and removing teeth
- A tonometer (a machine for rapid measurement of eye pressure) for diagnosing glaucoma
- 3 different types of endoscope (cameras to examine airways and digestive tract)
- A dedicated surgical theatre
- Multiple anaesthetic monitoring equipment to ensure safe anaesthesia
- An in-house practice laboratory
- A separate room specifically for puppy parties and puppy training
This a full time, permanent role working 4 day a week, (35 - 40 hours) Each vet gets an additional Friday every 6 weeks, 08.00 - 18.00 or 08.30 - 19.00. A weekend rota of 1 in 6 with no out of hours involved with this role. They will be occasional some sole charge shifts, and a small amount of branch work involved at a branch which is only 10 minutes away. In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, dependent on experience, that includes:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- unlimited CPD budget
- 20 days holiday plus an additional 4 days for CPD
Our clients are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, with at least 2 years plus experience. This position will suit a vet with excellent communication skills, outgoing, a team player, who is confident in surgery.
Role: Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: 1 in 6
Out of hours: None
Sole charge: Some
Salary and benefits: Competitive salary (DOE)
Ref: JN -112019-13244
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.