We are currently looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join an experienced team at a practice based in Hampstead, North London. This full-time permanent role would suit a newly qualified nurse that is ready to build on the previous experience gained whilst studying.
Our client prides themselves on providing the highest standard of veterinary care and client service possible. They believe that every patient should be treated as if they were their own and aim to provide a friendly and personal service. The clinic is situated just a short walk from the famous Hampstead Heath and the overground station - Hampstead has a lovely village feel with fantastic cafes, shops, and pubs in the local area.
Their mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means their employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres. They provide ongoing support to the teams, both in practice and through a dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from the advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
This is a full-time role working 5 days per week with 8-hour shifts starting at 08.00, 08.30, 09.00, 10.00 and 11.00 - you should expect a combination of these in any given week. Weekends are on a rota of 1 in 4 with a day off in lieu the following week.
Your duties in this role will include:
- Assisting in the care of animals and their owners.
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice.
- Communicating well with clients - Meeting and greeting clients and their pets.
- Reception duties - Registering new clients and pets Ordering, unpacking items and storing correctly and conducting returns. Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets.
- Assisting vets with restraining animals for blood sampling, drips, and examination.
- Administering topical, parental, subcutaneous/intramuscular/intravenous injections under the Veterinary Surgeons instruction and supervision.
- The running of in-house laboratory tests and the packaging and sending away for external laboratories.
- Assisting with anaesthesia, surgery and the taking of radiographs.
- Correct cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment, and materials.
- Cleaning, hygiene, and maintenance of the kennel area.
- Safe use of equipment in the laboratory.
- Scanning and filing of clinic records.
- General cleaning, hygiene, and tidiness of practice.
- Maintaining stock of consumables in all rooms.
In return, our client is offering a very competitive package that includes:
- Very competitive salary
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Generous CPD allowance
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity suited to a strong team player who is keen to build strong relationships with both the team and clients. You will be fully supported within your new role, working with a supportive team made up of two Vets, a Head Nurse, two RVNs, an SVN and a Receptionist. This role would suit a newly qualified Nurse, ready to build upon their previous experience gained whilst studying.
Role: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-Time, 5 days per week
Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays with a day off in lieu
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits, subject to experience
Ref: JN -112019-13361
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.