We are working with a leading animal welfare group in Asia that is looking to recruit an experienced small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. Our client is looking for a highly experienced Vet with over 8 years of practical experience to join them as their Senior Surgeon and will be responsible for the day-to0day smooth running of the surgical floor.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to join their large, enthusiastic and progressive team (28 vets and 32 nurses) in a busy multi-centre practice, where professional development and specialization is encouraged and supported.
Their facilities include full hospitalisation, in-house diagnostic laboratory, digital and dental radiography, ultrasonography (Doppler), ECG, rigid and flexible endoscopy (Storz), ASIF/ external fixation/TTA, and access to CT/MRI with support from trained veterinary nurses. In addition to a heavy and diverse caseload veterinary surgeons provide expertise and support for the welfare initiatives both in Hong Kong and the region. Initiatives include animal adoption, spay/neuter programs, a designated spay-neuter clinic and mobile surgical unit providing low-cost/free neutering and an assisted veterinary care program for those in need.
The position will be based at our clients' main Hong Kong hospital and will involve overseeing the running of the surgery floor. Surgical caseloads are extremely high with a large variety of interesting procedures and injuries. This job is perfect for a confident and skilled surgeon wishing to further hone their skills.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- As the Senior Surgeon, you will report directly to the Chief and Senior Veterinary Surgeons and will be responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the Hong Kong surgical floor.
- To supervise and develop the surgical capacity of our Hong Kong centre.
- Responsibility for overseeing the surgical training of junior staff (veterinary surgeons and nurses).
Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with over eight years of practical experience in the small animal veterinary field. That also has the following capabilities:
- Strong surgical skills in both soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, preferably to Certificate level.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- A keen interest in the development and mentorship of colleagues in all aspects of surgery.
- Responsible, systematic and able to work under pressure.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- A genuine interest in the welfare of animals.
The Remuneration Package:
This vacancy has an attractive remuneration package that includes:
- Salary to scale
- Low local taxation rates, (maximum 17%)
- Health insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Provident fund contributions
- Ample leave to enjoy the delights of Asia.
- Hong Kong is an exciting city, the gateway to Mainland China, within easy reach of other Asian countries and with direct flights to Australia, Europe, and the USA.
Role: Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Salary: Excellent Salary and Benefits Package
Ref: JN -122019-13623
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.