Our client's vision is for their products, services and people to be the most valued by animal health customers in the world. They are a company based on 60 years of experience in delivering quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostics products and genetics tests and supported by a range of services. Their mission is to build on a six-decade history and singular focus on animal health to bring customers quality products, services and a commitment to their businesses. Their products are sold in 120 countries and they have approximately 9,500 colleagues globally with diverse skills across various capabilities and functions.
Job Purpose: To ensure the provision of effective and efficient technical support, product support and report management. Supporting external customers to understand and use the company's veterinary diagnostic brand. Identifying and reporting trending product issues to line management and suppliers for resolution.
- Be the first point of contact for all existing, potential, internal and external customers. Manage customer, field and stakeholder queries
- Log and answer queries within the agreed Standard Operating Practice (SOP) timelines
- Maintain high standards of business conduct and compliance, adhering particularly to Pharmacovigilance Policy, Global Vet Policy, Company Values and local codes of practice.
- To plan and oversee the provision of specialist technical support for customers, interpreting and meeting the requirements of the customer whilst delivering professional and timely customer service
- To carry out a range of tests and interpreting customers results from biochemistry, haematology, blood gases and Urinalysis; analysing and evaluating the results using specified methodologies and contributing to the interpretation of results for the customer
- To ensure accurate completion of all documentation, reports and records and monitor and record trends, identifying and reporting on queries regarding possible issues/defects and reporting these to suppliers for resolution
- To ensure the work environment is maintained in accordance with technical and health and safety procedures and ensure compliance
- To advise on the pricing and purchasing of equipment and consumables and liaise with the warehouse team to ensure adequate stocks of supplies
- Product support including instructing customers on calibration and quality control
- To train colleagues, apprentices and customers in best practice and techniques that promote safe and effective use of equipment; communicating and liaising with all internal and external users of technical service
- Works effectively under time pressures, demonstrating strong time management, prioritisation and organisational abilities
- Personable and positive; builds successful and effective relationships
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Customer centricity with a strong service orientation and love of dealing with people
- Undertakes tasks in a systematic and logical way
- Has an aptitude for acquiring knowledge and retaining detail
- Effective skills in accurate recording and interpretation of data with the confidence to present this to suppliers to support reimbursement requests
Training & Qualifications
- Veterinary Nurse or equivalent Bachelor's Degree qualification preferred
- Qualification relating to customer service, marketing or SAP desirable
- IT literate. Able to use standard business software and communication tools
- Experienced in a customer service role for a large organisation. Or;
- Experienced providing marketing support or working in a business support function for a large organisation
- Experienced user of SAP and OTC systems beneficial
- Working knowledge of the company diagnostic equipment preferred
- A flexible and supportive approach to employees and customers, focussing on the need for training on equipment and the technical training/instruction at all levels of understanding; including demonstration of equipment usage.
Travel Requirement: Occasional travel in the UK but mostly office-based. M-T 9-5 pm and Friday 9-4pm