We are working with an independent small group of practices that offers veterinary services to dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, small furry pets and exotic pets across the Chessington area of Surrey. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Veterinary Surgeon that has at least 2 years of post-graduate experience.
Our client is a fully equipped and expertly-staffed small animal practice that is supported by their own award-winning emergency service. They provide veterinary care for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, small furry pets and exotic pets. The services they offer include:
• In-depth Consultations with highly experienced vets and vet nurses
• Pet Health Checks
• Healthy Pet Club – all vaccinations and routine parasite controls at a big discount, plus 6-monthly health checks and many other benefits!
• Home Visiting Service: where they visit clients or patients that are unable to come to the practice.
• Full surgical and medical facilities
• 24-hour Emergency cover by their own vets at a practice that is just 10 minutes away.
• ‘Keyhole’ spays for female dogs – safer and kinder!
• EVERYTHING a patient needs from a veterinary practice!
This is a full-time permanent where you will be working a mixture of shifts during the week of 3 x 09:00-19:00 and 1 x 09:00-12:30. With no out of hours and only 1 in 2 Saturdays 09:00-12:00, this role offers a great work/life balance.
Your day to day duties will include ops and consultations and you will work alongside a fellow vet, 1 RVN and 1 receptionist. There will be periods of sole charge so you must be comfortable with this.
In return, our client is offering a very competitive package that includes:
- Generous salary of between £45,000-£55,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
- CPD allowance of £1,000
- RCVS fees paid
- 5.6 weeks holiday - with an extra day for every year worked
Our client is looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon that is competent in all first opinion work and that is comfortable with periods of sole charge. You will have a good bedside manner with excellent client communication skills. The role would suit a vet that is very ambitious and there is a possibility of partnership in the future for the right candidate.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: 1 in 2 Saturday mornings 09:00-12:00
Sole Charge: Yes
Salary: Excellent Benefits Package (DOE)
Ref: JN -012020-13839
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.