Ser4rch - Veterinary Specialists are working on behalf of a private referral centre in the South East of the UK, searching for a Medical Oncology Specialist. Applicants will ideally have practice limited to Oncology, or residency training in Oncology (minimum), and be familiar with working in a busy clinical service, including receiving and managing complex oncologic cases, working closely with surgical and interventional oncologists, consulting with practising veterinary surgeons, training medical oncology residents and interns, and providing continuing education.
Our client is the largest independent specialist oncology centre in the UK. It is multi-discipline but all within the field of oncology, providing medical, surgical and interventional oncology services. You would be joining two other medical oncologists within the team of Specialists (ACVS (Fellow, Surg Onc) / ECVS / ACVIM (Onc / ECVIM (Onc, Int Med) / ECVDI / ECVAA), Residents, Oncology Interns, Surgical Interns, Nurses, Auxiliaries and a Clinical Research Assistant.
The hospital is a beautiful purpose-built specialist- led facility dedicated to advancing veterinary oncology through expert care, teamwork, clinical research, innovative decision-making and compassionate client support. The facilities at are state-of-the-art and include a 160-slice CT scanner, C-arm fluoroscopy unit and Interventional Radiology suite, minimally-invasive surgical equipment, cystoscopy/endoscopy/bronchoscopy, chemotherapy suite, separate chemotherapy preparation and hood room, ultrasonography, digital radiography and full in-house laboratory.
Development of research ideas are both encouraged and supported; Our client is located on the Surrey. It is well served by both Gatwick and Heathrow airports and is within 30 minutes of central London via train.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, you will work as part of the Medical Oncology Specialty team and within the wider team by sharing your Oncology knowledge, skills and ideas to help develop the service and the Hospital.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Receive, manage and care for Oncology patients; including complex oncology cases
• Communicate with the wider team on patient care information and treatments
• Maintain records
• Represent and promote our clients values
• You may be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the Practice and as the Practice may from time to time require
Application and Selection Process
• For an informal confidential discussion please contact email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. We can provide advice on this matter for potential candidates.
• Letters of intent and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Interviews will take place at the convenience of both parties.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary and benefits package, including PMI, Life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, generous CPD allowance, workplace pension and free on-site parking
• Permanent contract and full-time hours
Role: Permanent Small Animal Medical Oncology Specialist
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full time
Weekends: To be confirmed
Out of hours: To be confirmed
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experienced
Ref: JN -012020-14151
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321