We are working with a well-equipped small animal veterinary practice in Milford, Surreythatis looking to recruit a confident Veterinary Surgeon on a permanent basis. Full and part-time applications considered.
Our client is proud to be one of the few practices in the country to be an accredited hospital under the RCVS standards scheme. To be accredited hospital status, they had to meet core standards, plus those of the relevant general practice. In addition they had to, among other things:
- Ensure nursing staff are present on the premises round the clock, and a veterinary surgeon available 24 hours a day to attend to in-patients, if required
- Maintain and improve clinical standards by monitoring performance and the outcome of treatments
- Provide a range of specialist equipment, such as specific diagnostic equipment (ECG and ultrasound)
- Submit to a rigorous examination of its premises and facilities, with emphasis on cleanliness and sterility
They are lucky enough to have excellent staff, all dedicated to animal care. Each member of staff has their own particular area of interest. They have an extensive range of up to date equipment that includes:
- Bronchoscopes and gastroscopes.
- Digital x-ray processors which can take fantastic quality x-rays of pets of all sizes.
- Excellent laboratory facilities which enable them to run blood tests within the hour.
- State-of-the-art ultrasound machine.
- Video endoscope allows them to perform laparoscopic bitch spays, cystoscopy, rhinoscopy and thoracoscopy.
- State of the art monitoring equipment for intensive care patients and those under anaesthetic.
- Dental scaler, polisher drill, and digital dental xray machine.
This practice is situated in the heart of the fabulous Surrey countryside with miles of excellent dog walking on the doorstep, as well as having easy access to direct trains into London.
The Role and Candidate:
You will be joining a close-knit team all with their own areas of interest, including pain management, cardiology, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. They hold twice daily ward rounds to discuss cases and all work together to achieve the very best level of care.
Our client is looking for a confident and experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. The role can be either full or part-time, with shifts and rotas being discussed at the interview.
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering a comprehensive package that includes:
- Very competitive remuneration
- CPD package
- Strongly encourage study for additional qualifications.
- RCVS and VDS fees are also paid.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full or part-time
Out of hours: TBC
Salary: Comprehensive package
Ref: JN -022020-14395
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.