We are working with a well-equipped small animal veterinary practice in Milford, Surreythatis looking to recruit a confident Veterinary Surgeon on a permanent basis. Our client is looking for an ECC Vet to share a weekend rota with another out of hours vet.
Our client is proud to be one of the few practices in the country to be an accredited hospital under the RCVS standards scheme. To be accredited hospital status, they had to meet core standards, plus those of the relevant general practice. In addition they had to, among other things:
- Ensure nursing staff are present on the premises round the clock, and a veterinary surgeon available 24 hours a day to attend to in-patients, if required
- Maintain and improve clinical standards by monitoring performance and the outcome of treatments
- Provide a range of specialist equipment, such as specific diagnostic equipment (ECG and ultrasound)
- Submit to a rigorous examination of its premises and facilities, with emphasis on cleanliness and sterility
They are lucky enough to have excellent staff, all dedicated to animal care. Each member of staff has their own particular area of interest. They have an extensive range of up to date equipment that includes:
- Bronchoscopes and gastroscopes.
- Digital x-ray processors which can take fantastic quality x-rays of pets of all sizes.
- Excellent laboratory facilities which enable them to run blood tests within the hour.
- State-of-the-art ultrasound machine.
- Video endoscope allows them to perform laparoscopic bitch spays, cystoscopy, rhinoscopy and thoracoscopy.
- State of the art monitoring equipment for intensive care patients and those under anaesthetic.
- Dental scaler, polisher drill, and digital dental xray machine.
This practice is situated in the heart of the fabulous Surrey countryside with miles of excellent dog walking on the doorstep, as well as having easy access to direct trains into London.
Our client is looking for a Vet to work 12.5-hour shifts at the weekend. This position is for every third weekend and they require someone to share the weekend with another out of hours vet. They have normal appointments running every 15 minutes on a Saturday morning with a mid-morning break to catch up and finishing at 12.30 pm. You will then cover emergency work covering 12-13 full-time vet equivalents over the weekend. This is a quiet job because our client aims to give extremely high standards of care.
There is a backup available for busy times and opportunities for rest breaks. The salary is in the region of £330 per shift, and they would prefer someone to work two-day shifts, but would also consider someone wanting to work two or three nights.
Role: Permanent ECC Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Part-time, Flexible
Out of hours: Yes
Ref: JN -022020-14396
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://recruit4vets.uk/referring-advocate
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.