We are looking for ophthalmologists to support our clients' established team in Derby on a full or part-time permanent basis. If you an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic, professional, team-playing, caring and progressive veterinary ophthalmologist this could be the perfect role for you.
The ophthalmology team is currently composed of two Ophthalmology diploma holders/RCVS Recognised Specialists, a BSAVA Certificated Practitioner, a BSAVA Certificate clinician in training, and a dedicated Ophthalmology Nurse. A resident role is planned for the future.
They have two fully equipped ophthalmology consultation rooms and a dedicated ophthalmology theatre with Zeiss OPMI Lumera surgical microscope and Bausch & Lomb Stellaris phacoemulsification machine.
Specialists in diagnostic imaging, anaesthesia, medicine, oncology, neurology, exotics, cardiology, dermatology and surgery form an important part of the cross-discipline collaborative referral team. Other hospital facilities include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards (including ICU), 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (including digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 3 ultrasound rooms with GE machines including cardiology echo scanner, also a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T HDE MRI), an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool and treadmills, and dedicated chemotherapy and radio-iodine treatment rooms.
In addition, they have a well-staffed, dedicated night team allowing on-premises 24-hour hospitalisation and intensive medication.
For those interested in equine ophthalmology, there is an equine hospital within the practice and great potential to build on the equine ophthalmology referral service.
Our client is looking for ophthalmologists to support their established team. You will be a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike, and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
This permanent role can be either full or part-time, which will be discussed in the interview.
You will ideally have
- ECVO, ACVO or equivalent specialist status (preferable) or
- ECVO/ACVO or equivalent residency trained.
- An Advanced Practitioner status in Ophthalmology.
- A full range of extra and intraocular surgical intervention capability
It would be great if you are also:
- Peer-reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
- Previous experience in teaching
- Interest and experience in newer techniques or procedures which could enhance and expand what is already offered within the service, such as corneal cross-linking, use of lasers in veterinary ophthalmology, placement of suture lenses, endothelial transplants
- Interest and experience in equine ophthalmology
- Interest and experience in exotic ophthalmology
The Benefits Package:
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- An excellent salary package commensurate with experience
- £3,000 CPD allowance10 CPD days
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions.
- Regular internal CPD, rounds, morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
- Pet Health Scheme
- Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday and 8 Bank Holidays for a full-time clinician
- Your birthday off
- Death in service cover (4x salary)
- Practice focus on health and wellbeing
- Up to 12 weeks of paid study leave to suit your needs
Role: Referral Veterinary Ophthalmologist
Hours: Flexible - Full or part-time
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits (DOE)
Ref: JN -022020-14478
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.