We are working with an outstanding small group of practices in South Yorkshire that is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This role is to join their practice in Doncaster that would suit a candidate that works well within a busy team.
Our client is dedicated to providing the best possible veterinary care for pets, at great value prices. Their state of the art surgeries in South Yorkshire are superbly equipped with the latest technologies.
Their aim is to make preventive healthcare easy and affordable, to help clients give much-loved pets the best care possible. They believe that prevention is better than cure, and the best route to a long and healthy life – much better than waiting until a pet is ill and suffering to put things right.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role where you will be working 40 hours per week, with weekends on a rota basis (Saturday/Sunday 08:30-15:30). The out of hours are covered by Vets Now so the only night care required is 2 in-patient checks throughout the night, accommodation in the practice is available during this time.
The exact working pattern and shifts will be discussed at the interview.
This role will cover all veterinary nursing duties according to the standards and policies of the practice and RCVS, contributing to high-quality animal care. This is a fast-paced environment and it will be a demanding role where you ill be on your feet for the majority of the day.
The nursing duties required include:
- Undertake nursing duties including theatre, Laboratory, Radiography, ward and euthanasia duties
- Assisting the Veterinary Surgeons where needed
- Deliver nurse consultations
- Attend Monthly Clinic Staff Meetings
- Pricing up of routine procedures; ordering stock and consumables
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and safe practice/building
- Providing advice and guidance on preventative and ongoing treatment for pets
- Monitor patients, providing the correct standard of nursing care
- Complete CPD requirements
- Maintain accurate clinical records
- Dispersing medication as applicable
- Reporting of any damage
- Assist Senior Veterinary Nurse in daily/weekly/monthly Tasks
- Undertake duty nights
- Follow Practice Protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow health and safety guidelines.
- Reception duties (booking appointments, processing payments, answering telephone calls)
- Undertake any other duties as required
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary that is reflective of experience and benefits that include:
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 days Bank Holidays
- 5 CPD Days
- £500 CPD Allowance
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full time
Weekends: Yes, rota to be discussed in the interview
Out of hours: In-patient checks only
Sole charge: No
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -022020-14532
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.