We are currently recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice based in Storrington, West Sussex that are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who needs flexibility and balance in work and life.
Our client is a friendly, progressive small animal practice - situated on the edge of the South Downs National Park on the south coast and only 15 miles from Brighton and within easy reach of London. Our client has an excellent reputation for providing the highest quality personalised care for their clients and their pets, with the support of 6.5 full-time Vets (one currently studying for the Certificate In Small Animal Medicine) - 8 RVN’s, some of whom hold the diploma in advanced surgical nursing; the certificate in anaesthesia and a certificate in emergency and critical care and 3 SVN's. Facilities include digital x-ray and ultrasound, dental x-ray equipment, laparoscopic surgery, and laser therapy. Orthopaedic surgery and stem cell therapy are also undertaken in house.
The role is fully flexible, and our client will build the job around the person to ensure it fits your personal life as well. It's an opportunity to build all aspects of the role to fit personal circumstances. Flexible shift patterns to meet individual needs. The practice has a rolling rota that covers all aspects of the RVN role including kennels, operations, nurse clinics etc.
More details of the role listed below;
- Full-time and Part-time role available
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- No/minimal reception duties.
- Clinical Coaching of Student Nurses is desirable.
- Covering some out of hours in-patient shifts when required, but no ‘on-call’ emergency cover.
- Weekend rota. 1 in 6 (to cover Saturday morning vet consulting session and shared Inpatient care, if applicable).
- Weekday rota - maximum of 1 weeknight in every 2 weeks (shared Inpatient care, if applicable) * There is no Out of Hours 'on-call' emergency care nursing requirement.
- Cover outside normal consulting hours is to monitor Inpatients only and this is shared with the Duty Vet.
- Practice-based learning and development. CPD leave and funding.
- Generous time off in lieu
Our client is looking for a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse who will support any ambition to specialise because they need these additional skills to help the practice grow and develop. Some experience as an RVN is preferable but not essential. The ability to work well as part of a team and communicate clearly with clients and colleagues is essential. You must be able to work on your own as well as part of the team. You will be keen to develop clinical skills/night roles through CPD and practice-based learning and development.
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-time and Part-time - Flexible rota to suit you
Weekends: 1 in 6 Saturdays
Salary: Competitive Salary D.O.E
Ref: JN -032020-14792
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.