We are working with a busy, bespoke small animal veterinary practice in Shepherds Bush, West London, that is looking for a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This lovely practice aims to provide excellent clinical standards and customer care.
Our client has practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in London. They have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine.
This is a full-time permanent position working 42 hours per week Monday to Friday 08.30-17.00 with the flexibility to be able to cover other shifts when required. The earliest start would be 08.00 and latest finish at 19.00. There is no weekend working unless covering holiday or sickness by arrangement and time will be given in lieu. You will be required to work 1 Bank Holiday per year.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
- Must be prepared to become a clinical coach
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive package (DOE) that includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday day
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-free childcare
Our client is looking for an experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a clinic. You will have outstanding patient and client care skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask in a busy environment are a must. You will be open and approachable with the ability to work well in a team.
Role: Registered Head Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Full-time, 42 hours per week
Weekends: None, apart from holiday and sickness cover
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits
Ref: JN -032020-14833
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.