We are looking for a forward thinking and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their close-knit and friendly team!
You will be joining surgery owners, Deborah Anwyl (Vet Surgeon) and Gemma Butterworth (Vet Nurse) alongside their team consisting of one Student Veterinary Nurse, one Client Care Manager and 2 Client Care Advisors. Gemma also makes wonderful brownies and will be more than happy to keep the practice in regular supply!
The fully equipped surgery is based inside Pets at Home in Ellesmere Retail Park on Bolton Road, within a busy retail park with ample free parking facilities. If you drive, then the M60 is less than a 10 minute drive away from the surgery or if you prefer public transport, the local train station is a 10 minute walk away with links to Manchester City Central, or alternatively there are nearby bus stops with links to Bolton, Bury and Manchester.
This is a full time role, 40 hours per week and 1 in 2 weekends with days off during the week to compensate. Some sole charge may be required once you are settled in the role.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments
- Delivering the best levels of patient and customer care
- Manage and deal with bookings professional and efficiently using RX Works
- Comply to all policies and procedures within the surgery
- Calculate and administer medications and updating records
- Assist the Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Confident running of Nurse Clinics, including flea and worming consults, second vaccinations, pre-neuter checks, plus any other clinics you may have an interest in running
Providing excellent customer service and patient care is extremely important to us, so we are looking for individuals who share high standards and work ethos, with effective communication skills, enthusiasm about delivering excellent service to our clients and their pets and being sensitive to their requirements.
You will be confident in theatre practice and nurse consultations, as well as promote a professional image at all times and take full ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate a Student Nurse at this time.
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
- Excellent CPD Opportunities and Allowance
- Paid Memberships (RCVS, BCA, etc.)
- Contributory Pension
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Salary £18,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience)
Ref: JN -042020-14895
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://recruit4vets.uk/referring-advocate
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.