We are working with a lovely friendly practice near Leicester that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them as their Lead Veterinary Surgeon. This is a full-time permanent role that would be suitable for a vet who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
This practice has a very long-standing and friendly client base who appreciate the personal service that is provided by this friendly caring team. The practice has a fully supportive team that enjoy lots of laughs and are dedicated to their clients and patients.
Our clients' mission is to deliver progressive, around the clock care which means employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres. They also provide ongoing support to all teams, both in practice and through a dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from the advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role, where you will be working 4 days per week plus 1 in 6 full weekends.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Vet that is:
- Able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
- A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates, and a nursing team.
- An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
- An organised individual who is confident in using computer programs such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
- An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
- Has managed teams before (desirable)
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering a basic salary up to £60,000 dependent on experience, plus an excellent package that includes:
- Accommodation allowance £6,600 per annum
- Vehicle Allowance £2,500 per annum
- CPD allowance: £1,500 per annum + 3 days CPD leave per annum
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid by Medivet- £869 per annum
- We would arrange an appropriate commission structure from day one of employment.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
Ref: JN -092020-16595
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details