Hours: 30 hours per week
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: OL16 5AF
Ref: JN -052020-14929
Vets4Pets surgery in Rochdale are looking for a passionate Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and experienced team. You will be joining practice owners Amy Day (Vet Surgeon) and Michelle Kerr (RVN) and their fabulous team, most of whom who have been with them from day one. Their surgery is located inside Pets at Home in Kingsway Retail Park on Wallhead Road, close to a great selection of local amenities, bus routes, and just 1.5 miles from Rochdale train station.
This role is approximately 30 hours per week but more or less hours can be offered for the right candidate. The hours of work are currently Mondays and Thursdays from 10.30am until 7.30pm and every Friday from 8.30am until 4.45pm.
There is also a 1 in 4 weekend rota with a share of bank holidays.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
One of our strongest assets is the strength of our team, and we are keen to a like-minded nurse to come and be a part of our vet family! We will also consider newly graduated or soon-to-be-graduated nurses too!
In return of your dedication and high quality work, we can offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience and to be discussed at interview.
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.