We are currently recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice located in Newcastle, who is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their dynamic team on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a team of 2 Vets, 3 Nurses (including a clinical lead), 1 VCA, and 5 Admin. As a team, they work to strong values and high clinical standards and actively encourage CPD and career progression.
This practice is committed to bringing their clients affordable, high-quality care via a modern, well-equipped practice, including a lab, pharmacy, digital x-ray, and ultrasound. Plus, on-site car parking too!
This a permanent role and the hours can be flexible but will include a weekend rota of 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (09:00-12:00). Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets and conduct nurse appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography and laboratory equipment
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
In return for your dedication and high-quality work, our client can offer a package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Career opportunities and development due to their varied caseload
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS, etc)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Role: Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: 1:3 Saturday mornings
Out of hours: No
Salary: Excellent Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -072020-15090
To qualify for this position, you must be fully registered with the RCVS and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What happens next:
Click APPLY to apply for this role and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this vacancy in more detail
Call: 01423 701 321
If this position is not for you but you know someone who might be suitable refer them to us and receive £250 if successful https://www.recruit4vets.co.uk/refer-a-friend
Recruit4vets are specialist recruiters for the veterinary industry and act as an employment agency for the supply of permanent staff and an employment business for the supply of locum staff.