We are working with a small group of small animal veterinary practices in the Leeds area of West Yorkshire that is looking to recruit a full-time Veterinary Surgeon on a permanent basis. You will mainly be based at the hospital practice but you will also cover the 4 branches in the area.
Our client has 4 clinics and 1 Tier 3 accredited veterinary hospital that has been providing a high standard of veterinary services to the Leeds area for over 40 years. They are continually updating their facilities and investing in equipment. They are also extremely proud of all their team and it is a credit to their commitment and compassion that they can provide this level of care to pets.
Three of the five branches have operating facilities, two of the branches can perform neutering and routine surgical procedures along with x-rays and laboratory tests. All of the clinics have fully stocked dispensaries.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time permanent role, where you will be working 47 hours per week with a weekend rota of 1 in 4. If a weekend is worked an additional bonus is given and 2 days in lieu to be taken that following week.
The role will be primarily based at the hospital in Morley but will include covering the 4 branches in the area.
Your main purpose and goals include:
- Assume responsibility for surgical and medical cases whilst complying with the practice’s policies and protocols and ensuring all cases are written up in full on a daily basis
- Maintain a positive working relationship with colleagues, customers, and other stakeholders to promote and build the reputation of the practice
- Work in accordance with and contribute to the practice policies and procedures and other relevant legislation to ensure operational requirements are met
- Assist with the clinical training and development of veterinary nurses, trainees and other support staff within the practice, encouraging them to contribute fully to the work of the practice
Our client is looking for a compassionate and professional Veterinary Surgeon that works to a high standard and works well as part of a team. Our client currently has over 100 employees, many working shifts to help provide around the clock care. They are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and pride themselves in supporting employees to develop personally and professionally.
In return, our client is offering a competitive package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Practice bonus (non-contractual)
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays and 1 day extra for your birthday
If you are interested in this role and would like more information please just get in touch and our team will be happy to give you guidance on the next steps.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Weekends: 1 in 4
Out of hours: TBC
Sole charge: Some
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Ref: JN -072020-15409
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further detail