We are working with a well-established small animal veterinary practice in Horsham, West Sussex that is looking to recruit an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them as their Clinical Director. This is a brand new role for an ambitious vet to manage and support this practice.
This lovely practice sees an interesting, busy, and varied caseload. The hospital offers a range of services from routine general practice work to hydrotherapy, specialist treatment of exotic patients, an orthopaedic service, laparoscopy, and advanced imaging. The team is made up of vets with different areas of interest, many of whom are certificate holders or are studying towards one, these include medicine, cardiology, exotics, and imaging. The spacious hospital is well equipped with a separate dog, cat and exotic wards, hydrotherapy pool, cold laser, laparoscopic surgical equipment, ultrasound, CT, and endoscopy.
The practice is located a 16-minute drive from Gatwick and is also a short distance from the rail links to London. The successful candidate will be joining a large team of 9 vets and 25 support staff which hold a variety of certificates and specialties including exotics, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, radiology, rehabilitation, surgery, ultrasound. The practice also has PSS and ESC hospital awards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious veterinary surgeon with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the branches and the wider group community.
The position covers 40 hours a week over 4 days. There are also 1 in 3 Saturdays included in this shift pattern, to ensure continual management oversight of the practice.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not exclusively:
- Management of a team of vets, including performance management, succession planning, and CPD plans.
- Working alongside the regional teams to plan an efficient rota.
- Maintaining high clinical standards.
- Review of profit and loss accounts alongside the regional team and using intuition to highlight areas where savings and opportunities are clear.
- Investigation and management of complaints.
- Identifying business opportunities for practice growth.
- Identifying ways in which the clinic can improve and acting upon these in a cost-efficient way.
- Working alongside the head nurse to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way.
- Liaising closely with the regional team to ensure correct implementation of practice policies and procedures.
- Ensuring a client and patient-care focussed culture exists within the practice.
The Salary and Benefits:
A very competitive package of up to £66,500 per annum (depending on experience), which includes accommodation allowance and a vehicle or vehicle allowance. Benefits include:
- A practice profit-based commission package
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave, and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities
- A colleague of the month awards, Hills staff feeding schemes, plus many more benefits available
Our client is looking for an experienced vet (5 years of post-graduate experience) who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases. You will be:
- A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates, and a nursing team.
- An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
- An organised individual who is confident in using computer programs such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
- An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
- It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
Ref: JN -072020-15701
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details