We are working with a fantastic practice in Fort Kinnaird that is seeking a lead veterinary surgeon with a surgical bias to join their established and friendly team on a permanent basis.
The practice is bright, spacious, and air-conditioned, and has been purpose-built to industry-leading standards with state of the art equipment. They have an established and friendly team.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 40 hours per week with weekends on a rota basis of 1 in 3. There is no out of hours responsibility, ensuring a fantastic work-life balance. Responsibilities include:-
- Carry out consultations independently (15 min)
- Develop own caseload work with clients and insurance companies to work cases up to a high level
- Conduct routine surgical procedures for cats, dogs, and rabbits
- Perform dentals with the help of dental radiography and be able to carry out surgical extractions
- Perform more extensive soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery
- Be able to help the smooth running of the day with colleagues
- Support other vets as well as student nurses
- Taking sole charge on occasion
You should be competent and confident with surgery and have strong medical skills. You should possess a recognised veterinary degree and have recent, relevant, small animal experience. Preferably, you will have had the experience of working in a busy practice with a varied caseload and you will possess excellent team and client communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- CPD allowance
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Supportive and friendly working environment
Ref: JN -092020-16678
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details