Are you excited by emergency work but put off by the prospect of long night shifts and an unsustainable working pattern? Then our client has the answer!
We are working with a well-established RCVS accredited practice in Brighton that is looking for an enthusiastic ECC Night Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis.
Our client is an independent hospital with an excellent reputation with some of the most modern equipment available including CT, advanced ultrasound, laparoscopy, and intensive care facilities. This Brighton hospital is officially recognised RCVS Hospital Standard and Emergency Provider, the highest level of accreditation available. The team at this hospital pride themselves on giving outstanding care to clients and their pets. The staff are sympathetic, dedicated, highly trained, and very supportive of each other. They provide tailored individual care, not generic treatment, and combine a traditional veterinary practice pedigree within modern veterinary medicine, in sickness, and in health. Allowing more time for consults than many practices to ensure that you can give the proper level of care to animals.
At this practice their night vets work split shifts, either 16:30-00:30 or 22:30-09:30, to allow them to pursue their passion for ECC without becoming exhausted. The 2-hour crossover gives time for handover and to “double team” on particularly busy shifts. They understand that some of the best ECC vets require flexible working so they will consider both full-time and part-time applicants. With 2 in 5 weekends, no requirement to cover a weekend or Bank Holiday day shifts, and an average of 35hr per week, their night vets enjoy an excellent work-life balance. Add to that the other benefits they can provide, and they think this is a pretty unique place for OOH work.
- RCVS accredited practice with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors.
- Basic salary of £40,000-£57,500 (FTE) p/a dependent on experience and further qualifications.
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35h paid per year to complete CPD. Further support for certificates available and encouraged.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, as well as one subscription of your choice (eg. BSAVA, VECCS, VIN).
- 5.6 weeks' holiday per year.
- Excellent working relationships with their Member Practices.
- A policy of not transferring inpatients back and forth to Member Practices – they stay within practice until they’re ready to be treated as outpatients.
- High clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this.
- Interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets.
- Support overnight from a fantastic team of night RVNs and ANAs.
- On-site Specialists and Advanced Practitioners in cardiorespiratory medicine, imaging, ECC, and endoscopy.
- Exposure to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy, and extensive in-house blood machines.
- Lots of other benefits including enhanced sick pay, private health insurance, discount for staff pets, ability to bring your dog to work, on-site free parking, and a contributory pension scheme.
The role will involve seeing first-opinion emergencies and providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases. Our client is looking for a vet who is enthusiastic about emergency and critical care and ideally has some experience in this field (although not necessarily in a sole-charge or out-of-hours capacity). You will have a desire to achieve high clinical standards, and work within evidence-based medicine where possible. Due to the sometimes stressful and fast-paced nature of emergency work, you must have excellent communication skills. Most of all you should have a team-mentality as they are a close-knit, friendly practice.
Ref: JN -092020-16723
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details