We are working with a lovely small animal practice in Newtownabbey that is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and experienced team. This permanent role can be either full or part-time.
The practice very close to Belfast city with access to a vast array of local amenities, whilst having the North Coast location you are also very close to the seaside. Northern Ireland is a location that should be considered for affordable housing whilst giving the benefits of a varied small animal caseload and work up culture. The team at this practice has a strong focus on outdoor pursuits and hobbies including surfing and horse riding, where a work-life balance is important to them all.
The Role and Candidate:
Our client is looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary to join them on a permanent basis and the role can be either full or part-time. Ideally, they are looking for a candidate to work 20-40 hours per week with weekends on a rota basis.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Carry out admission appointments, surgery follow-ups, and 2nd vaccination appointments.
- Calculate and administer medications and keep accurate records, manage inpatient care.
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures and anaesthesia monitoring.
- Help with student training to fulfill their potential.
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. Our client is looking for a friendly, down-to-earth RVN that has a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoys the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
In return for your dedication and high-quality work, they can offer:
- Career opportunities and development due to their varied caseload
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -092020-16755
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details