We are working with a client based in the Ripon area of North Yorkshire who is looking for two Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a permanent basis. The first is based at their RCVS Hospital, ISFM Cat-friendly clinic in Ripon. The second position is in a neighbouring branch practice. Applications are welcome from all levels of experience and both part-time and full-time hours (4-day working week with weekend clinics and OOH duties equally shared) would be considered.
This is an independent practice that has been working in partnership with clients for 75 years, servicing the needs of pets, big or small. Over the last ten years, the small animal department has grown a great deal. They were awarded Hospital status in 2014. They are also the only practice in North Yorkshire to have Gold Cat-Friendly accreditation. Operating a 24-hour emergency service staffed by their own vets and nurses and can arrange for home visits in special circumstances. The Small Animal Department offers a wide range of services and cares for any pets' health needs, whether it be puppies' first check-up or a senior pet. The practice is committed to delivering the high - quality patient and client care that they believe in. They have RCVS Advanced Practitioners in surgery, medicine, and small animal practice as well as a visiting ophthalmologist, dermatologist, cardiologist, ultrasonographer, and MRI scanner.
The Role and Candidate:
These permanent roles can be either full or part-time, the full-time role has a 4-day working week with weekend clinics and OOH duties equally shared. This is an increasingly unique practice that is fully committed to independent ownership providing them with the flexibility to deliver the high standard of patient and client care that they want to, each and every day.
They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon that will work well within this close-knit friendly team, who has excellent communication and client care skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 5 working weeks annual leave plus 8 recognised Bank Holidays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year at a choice of local charities
- VDS, RCVS, and 2 professional memberships paid
- 5 days CPD and £1500 budget per annum with further training/certifications encouraged
- Aviva Private Health Care insurance The 'People’s Pension' pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme subject to eligibility Social/Team events throughout the year (including Summer BBQ and Christmas Party)
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of information and advice across a range of topics.
- Fruit Monday and Cake Friday Cycle to Work scheme Staff pet discount scheme
Ref: JN -092020-16761
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details