Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Worcestershire
We are currently working with a busy first opinion practice with a dedicated client base who receives high-quality care from their caring friendly team. They are looking for an enthusiastic registered veterinary nurse to join their friendly practice in Worcestershire.
This is a great opportunity to work for a great client who is really proud of their existing team of 3 veterinary surgeons, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN, and 5 receptionists based in the West Midlands. They have a varied caseload with no two days being the same and provide the following services: operating theatre, digital x-ray, isolation unit, blood pressure monitor, ultrasound, biochemistry, haematology, pet passport, hospital ward, dentistry.
This is a full-time permanent position working Mon- Fri between 9.00 - 19.00 - 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend. NO OOHS. The nursing duties predominantly involve working with cats, dogs, and small mammal species and will include :
- utilising surgical and medical nursing skills
- administering treatments to animals in their busy surgery
- conducting treatments to include Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, and first aid as directed
- taking X-rays and assisting with other diagnostic procedures
- nursing of in-patients; including some intensive care, pain scoring, and ensuring appropriate enrichment regimes for longer stay patients
- triaging patients
- dispensing drugs and maintaining up to date and accurate clinical records
- some reception cover as well as admission & discharge appointments
- undertaking professional and personal development associated with the role
Our client is looking for an experienced RVN with good post-registration experience. Their nurses are friendly, down-to-earth people with a genuine interest in animal health and welfare. They are looking for someone who is confident, works well under pressure, and is self-motivated to work independently but can contribute to their team. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, with an organised and systematic approach when making decisions that enables them to carry out the role efficiently.
In return, our client is offering a competitive package that includes:
- Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- RCVS and VDS,
- Pension and associated life assurance plan,
- Access to their employee assistance program.
Ref: JN -102020-16942
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details