Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse, Birmingham
We are working with a friendly and close-knit small animal veterinary practice based close to Birmingham that is looking for Registered Veterinary Nurser to join them on a full-time permanent basis, although part-time applications would also be considered. Our client has five practices based in the Birmingham area.
Our client is big enough to offer award-winning care, facilities, and expertise for much-loved pets, small enough to care for pets and their owners as unique individuals and support their local community too.
Priding themselves on being at the heart of veterinary excellence, they have constantly pushed the boundaries on delivering the highest pet care through the calibre and qualifications of Vets and Nurses and through the friendliness and professionalism of their Client Care teams. This has meant that they have continually reinvested back into the Black Country to fund improvements and extensions over the years. Alongside this we can also offer you:
- Access to state of the art diagnostic equipment, including CT, and 11 operating theatres
- Diverse and interesting cases as well as a feline-friendly hospital
- Support of 15 vets, 20 RVNs and the Client Care team on a ratio of 1:5
- 15-minute consultations
- High percentage insured client base with a dedicated Insurance team of 7 to process claims and provide guidance
Your role and responsibilities:
- Join a multi-award-winning team as a Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) in a leading Hospital based in Dudley, West Midlands.
- The opportunities available are ideally on a full-time basis, however, they would welcome interest from nurses seeking more flexible rotas/shifts also.
- They offer Superior care and professional satisfaction by providing their own in-house out-of-hours (OOH), while on an attractive rota of approx. 1:4 weekends with 2-days off the following week.
- The role will be predominantly based at Dudley Hospital although will require some cover of shifts at their local surrounding branches.
- Their Veterinary team consists of some highly skilled clinicians with Certificates in many areas including cardiology, medicine, surgery, dermatology, soft tissue, orthopaedics, and more. Due to the cases they undertake, nurses assist with some complex procedures and are able to work within an advanced veterinary nursing niche.
- They can offer a good social life too for those who want to get involved; lots of friendships and comradery, which all makes for a great work-life balance.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary of up to £28,000 p/a (reflective of experience) and benefits that include:
- RCVS and VDS fees are paid by the practice
- Generous holiday, and an extra days holiday for your birthday
- Bonus holiday day every 5 years
- They have a dedicated Night Nurse team, but the opportunity is here to gain OOH experience
- Enhanced equal family leave policy
- Enhanced company sick leave
- Staff discount on pet care
- Staff healthcare plan
- Mental health first aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jab
- Staff recognition and rewards e.g: Employee of the month
- Annual external CPD allowance, which is supported and encouraged
- In house CPD
- A rewarding role with a great forward-thinking team independently voted twice as ‘Best UK Vet’ and ‘Practice of the Year’
- A regular colleague and family social events for those who want to be involved
- Internal recognition scheme
- RCVS- Wellbeing and client service award 2018
- Best place to work award- 2019.
Ref: JN -102020-17021
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details