We are working with a well-equipped small animal veterinary practice in Aintree, Merseyside, that is looking for enthusiastic and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurses, one full-time and one part-time, to join their professional, friendly, and fun team.
This practice has a spacious surgery that is purpose-built to industry-leading standards and has state of the art equipment including a dedicated operating theatre, in-house laboratory, multi-parameter, digital X-ray ultrasound, thermocautery, and dentistry facilities. You will be joining a friendly team of 3 Vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants, 1 Practice Manager, and 5 Client Care Advisors.
The Role and Candidate:
There are two roles available:
Full-time position - 40 hours per week with 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 weekends
Part-time position - 20-25 hours per week with 1 in 3 weekends
Responsibilities will include:-
- Work closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities, including nurse consults
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keep accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
You will have good experience in veterinary nursing, excellent customer service, and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions, and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare, and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike.
- Career development due to their varied caseload
- Competitive salary dependent on your experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid RCVS membership
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -112020-17607
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details