We are working with a long-established country veterinary practice located close to Limerick City that is looking for an experienced Bovine Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis. This role could be suitable for a mixed Veterinary Surgeon too but you must be experienced in Bovine and this will be the main focus of the role.
This practice is a traditional Irish mixed practice and the breakdown of the work is as follows; 65% bovine, 30% canine/feline, 3 to 4% equine, and 1 to 2% ovine.
You will be supported by a full-time veterinary nurse and experienced support staff who organise the work very well. There is a large animal ultrasound scanner, a bovine electro ejaculator, and a callicrate bander. On the small animal side, there is an anaesthetic machine, a digital x-ray machine, a dental machine, and a microscope.
The Role and Candidate:
Our client is looking for an experienced bovine vet, where the practice owner would be available 24/7 as a backup but the ability to cover sole call would be an advantage. An interest in herd health would be an advantage but not essential and the ability to cover small animal clinics would be an advantage but not essential.
The out-of-hours rota would be 1 in 2 ideally but they would consider a 1 in 3 rota for the successful candidate.
There would also be an option for a friend or partner of the successful candidate to work in the practice doing mixed animal or small animal work.
The Remuneration Package:
In return, our client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Remuneration would be between €50,000 and €70,000 per annum depending on experience and ability to cover out of hours.
- Accommodation can be arranged.
- Traveling costs to Ireland will be covered.
- There will be 20 days paid holidays and 2 days paid CVE.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and registration with the Veterinary Council of Ireland will also be paid for.
- A vehicle can be provided if necessary. All equipment will be provided if necessary.
Ref: JN -122020-17820
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details