Permanent Clinical Director - Basingstoke
Type: Small Animal
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Practice Type: This is a purpose-built, RCVS accredited animal hospital based in the town of Basingstoke.
Team: Their experienced team provides the very best healthcare, and with state-of-the-art equipment, they ensure that pets are as relaxed and as stress-free as possible. They know how important pets are to owners, so their care will enable that continuation of love and compassion for long and healthy life.
Facilities: The hospital benefits from a strong, long-standing team with excellent facilities as well as a high level of insured clients. Be part of their family and come and join their amazing team. They have a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment consisting of digital X-ray, dental X-ray, ultrasound (including cardiac probe), endoscopy/bronchoscopy, in-house idexx haematology and catalyst, EPOC for blood gas analysis.
Role: They are seeking a Clinical Director to join and lead their experienced team. You will be overseeing the management of clinical activities within the practice with a passion for delivering the best possible service, support, and outcomes for patients, customers, and Associates.
Hours: The hours will be 40 hours (plus weekend rota of 1:4 Saturdays) over a 4 day week. (day off in lieu got a working Saturday
OOHS: Their out-of-hours is provided by local Vets Now clinics, they have facilities for hospitalisation and overnight care of inpatients and generally have between 4-7 per night. A nurse is in the building overnight caring for inpatients and vets share the overnight duties equally. The overnight duties are generally for telephone support for the duty nurse and it is very rare that they are called into the practice overnight.
- You will be required to perform the duties of a practicing Veterinary Surgeon working to high clinical standards, leading by example, and being an excellent communicator.
- Part of your role will be ensuring smooth working relationships between internal teams, management, and other group practices.
- As Clinical Director you will be expected to understand the profit and loss account including the key factors that will affect the profitability of the practice including sales, staffing, stock, and debt management.
- Package including Bonus Up to £75,000 p/a DOE
- 5 weeks annual leave plus your birthday off!
- RCVS /VDS membership fully funded
- CPD and certificate ambitions encouraged and supported with enhanced CPD funding
- Group Wellness Programme
- Mental Health First Aider on site
- Staff Discount on pet care
- Eyecare & cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership Discount
Ref: JN -112021-22938
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details