Permanent Clinical Nursing Manager - Basildon
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: This group is a progressive, forward-thinking, premium veterinary practice. Their main hospital site is based in Basildon and they have two smaller sites that offer preventative clinics. They believe in supporting and investing in staff, investing in facilities, and ensuring that clients and their pets receive only the very best primary care.
Team: Their staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and they offer career progression within the group. They have a strong recognisable brand and are looking for people who share their vision and culture. They have over 60 staff members and are very proud of their achievements and reputation in the veterinary profession.
Role: The Clinical Nurse Manager role is key to the business's ability to develop a robust veterinary nurse population and provide a high level of clinical standards. The Clinical Nurse Manager will ensure that the nursing team across the business is managed as effectively as possible to support the profitability and further growth of the practice.
- Working with the Lead Nurses to identify areas of development needs within the nursing team to help maintain a happy, efficient working environment, whilst ensuring practice policies and group policies are always adhered to
- Meeting with the Lead Nurses at least every other week
- Liaise with Linnaeus veterinary nursing central support team as necessary, attend Group nurse meetings and devolve any developments to the nursing team and SLT. Work with the SLT to develop a skills matrix for nursing requirements within the business along with a clear induction and training strategy for all new nurses joining the business
- Use VetSafe reporting to target training where nursing care can be improved
- Ensure the business is complying with RCVS guidelines as set out in the RCVS training practice handbook
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the RCVS day one skill and competencies, and code of professional conduct for veterinary nurses. on-the-job, in structured practical sessions and/or in tutorials, that is evidenced on the rota to receive appropriate support from a Clinical Supervisor
- Monitoring and ensuring the nursing department falls within the financial budget requirements.
Hours: Monday to Friday 40hrs between 08:00 and 20:00 depending on the need of the business
Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends Out of Hours (OOH) (additional pay)
Salary: Between £32,000-£35,000 p/a (DOE)
- 5 weeks holiday per year + birthday leave day
- CPD support
- Free eye test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- RCVS fee paid
- Excellent team ethos and loyal clients
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle-free
- Discount for own pets
- Onsite car park.
Ref: JN -032022-24292
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details